August 9, 2022

newsline

Timely – Precise – Factual

Nyeri County distribute Elimu Fund bursaries worth KSh 40 million

323 200 Views

Nyeri County has distributed Elimu Fund bursaries worth KSh 40 million for the financial year 2020/2021.

The bursaries will benefit over 10,000 students in secondary schools, colleges, polytechnics, universities and special schools across the 30 wards in Nyeri County.

Due to Covid-19, the bursaries will be distributed by the sub-county administrators and Principal Education Officers in their respective sub-counties.

Governor Kahiga said County Government of Nyeri is committed towards promoting the education sector as it is the only tool which can make a difference in Nyeri and the country at large.

In this current year, additional Elimu Fund bursaries worth Kshs. 160 million will also be distributed.

In the last four years, the county government has also disbursed bursaries worth over Kshs. 270 million to over 60,000 students.

An additional 180 students have benefitted through the Governor’s Scholarship programme, which supports two bright students per ward who come from vulnerable backgrounds.

Nyeri County Director of Education Sabina Aroni lauded the county government for this programme which benefits students from needy backgrounds.

She added that so far 98% students have transitioned smoothly to secondary schools in Nyeri County and the office is following up on the remaining 2%.

Nyeri is currently the leading county in primary- secondary school transition. Nyamira, Mandera and Bomet are the second, third and fourth respectively.

Social Media Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com